Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Wedding in Botswana

So I went back down to Molepolole (my training village) to see my host family. My host sister-Mighty was getting married! So this was her wedding celebration for the brides side of the family; and next weekend there will be another wedding celebration for the grooms side of the family.

I got there at 7:30am since Mighty told me they would need to be at the church at 8:30am. Well I did a lot of sitting patiently...as we didnt go to the church until about 10:30am. The ceremony lasted about 2.5 hours. Somewhat similar to ceremonies in the state--pastor gave a speech; followed by vows, rings and wedding certificate signing.

After church I went with the bridal party to go take pictures and then everyone headed back to the family's compound for the real celebrating to begin.

Unfortunately I left right after this. But there was a big tent set up and tons of people had arrived. They planned on having best man and lady speeches; lunch and then dancing.

But here are some pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment